Saturday, July 30, 2011

Hard Work...

Well, I knew this was going to be hard work, but this is kind of insane.

We bought a guitar, and one of the girls, Rani, is picking it up SO fast. Holy cow, it's absolutely insane. I really love working with her because she's a natural. She can hear the difference between a minor and major chord and everything. 

The language barrier is really difficult. It's really hard for me to tell if the wall between me and the kids is because of the language, or because they don't want me here. Sometimes they bond with me really well and I feel an awesome connection with them. Those are the times when i'm asking them questions, and trying really hard to get to know them, and trying to accept the culture. However, sometimes they refuse to speak English, and when I ask them things they pretend to not understand even though i know they do.

Sara and I are having a very hard time. We're thinking about transferring to a different home. If they don't want me here I don't want to waste their time.

1 comment:

  1. Keep on keeping on. You'll be alright. I understand how you feel I use to knock doors and people would say No English. And then I'd speak Spanish. But you don't have that luxury!

    ReplyDelete